Scrabble word: LOOSE
Is LOOSE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of LOOSE in dictionaries:
- verb - grant freedom to
- verb - turn loose or free from restraint
- verb - make loose or looser
- verb - become loose or looser or less tight
- adj - not compact or dense in structure or arrangement
- adj - (of a ball in sport) not in the possession or control of any player
- adj - not tight
- adj - not officially recognized or controlled
- adj - not literal
- adj - emptying easily or excessively
- adj - not affixed
- adj - not tense or taut
- adj - (of textures) full of small openings or gaps
- adj - lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility
- adj - not carefully arranged in a package
- adj - having escaped, especially from confinement
- adj - casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior
- adv - without restraint
- Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
- Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
- Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals who were loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
- Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
- Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
- Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
- Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
- Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
- Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
- In a loose manner.
- To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
- To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
- To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
- To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
- To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
- To make less strict; relax: a leader’s strong authority that was loosed by easy times.
- To become loose.
- To discharge a missile; fire.
- At large; free.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “not tautly bound, held, or fastened”: loose reins; a lax rope; slack sails.
- adv - not firm, taut, or rigid [adj LOOSER, LOOSEST] : LOOSELY
- verb - to set free
There are 5 letters in LOOSE: E L O O S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LOOSE
Click to search all anagrams of LOOSE plus a wildcard: LOOSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LOOSE
Images for LOOSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.