Scrabble word: MODERATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MODERATE exist?
Definitions of MODERATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who takes a position in the political center
- verb - preside over
- verb - make less fast or intense
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - make less severe or harsh
- verb - make less strong or intense
- verb - restrain
- adj - being within reasonable or average limits
- adj - not extreme
- adj - marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes
- Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.
- Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.
- Of medium or average quantity or extent.
- Of limited or average quality; mediocre.
- One who holds or champions moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion.
- To lessen the violence, severity, or extremeness of.
- To preside over: She was chosen to moderate the convention.
- To become less violent, severe, or extreme; abate.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to make less extreme or intense”: moderated the severity of the rebuke; qualified her criticism; admiration tempered with fear.
- verb - to make less extreme
There are 8 letters in MODERATE: A D E E M O R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MODERATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MODERATE plus a wildcard: MODERATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MODERATE
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for MODERATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.