Scrabble word: MODERATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MODERATE exist?
Definitions of MODERATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who takes a position in the political center
- verb - preside over
- verb - make less fast or intense
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - make less severe or harsh
- verb - make less strong or intense
- verb - restrain
- adj - being within reasonable or average limits
- adj - not extreme
- adj - marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes
- Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.
- Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.
- Of medium or average quantity or extent.
- Of limited or average quality; mediocre.
- One who holds or champions moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion.
- To lessen the violence, severity, or extremeness of.
- To preside over: She was chosen to moderate the convention.
- To become less violent, severe, or extreme; abate.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to make less extreme or intense”: moderated the severity of the rebuke; qualified her criticism; admiration tempered with fear.
- verb - to make less extreme
There are 8 letters in MODERATE: A D E E M O R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MODERATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MODERATE plus a wildcard: MODERATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MODERATE
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words