Scrabble word: MODE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MODE exist?
Definitions of MODE in dictionaries:
- noun - how something is done or how it happens
- noun - a particular functioning condition or arrangement
- noun - a classification of propositions on the basis of whether they claim necessity or possibility or impossibility
- noun - verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
- noun - any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave
- noun - the most frequent value of a random variable
- See Synonyms at method.
- A particular form, variety, or manner: a mode of expression.
- A given condition of functioning; a status: The spacecraft was in its recovery mode.
- The current or customary fashion or style.
- Any of certain fixed arrangements of the diatonic tones of an octave, as the major and minor scales of Western music.
- A patterned arrangement, as the one characteristic of the music of classical Greece or the medieval Christian Church.
- The particular appearance, form, or manner in which an underlying substance, or a permanent aspect or attribute of it, is manifested.
- See modality (n.
- The arrangement or order of the propositions in a syllogism according to both quality and quantity.
- The value or item occurring most frequently in a series of observations or statistical data.
- The number or range of numbers in a set that occurs the most frequently.
- The mineral composition of a sample of igneous rock.
- Any of numerous patterns of wave motion.
- noun - a method of doing or acting