Scrabble word: MODEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does MODEL exist?
Definitions of MODEL in dictionaries:
- noun - a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
- noun - a type of product
- noun - a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor
- noun - representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
- noun - something to be imitated
- noun - someone worthy of imitation
- noun - a representative form or pattern
- noun - a woman who wears clothes to display fashions
- noun - the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
- verb - plan or create according to a model or models
- verb - form in clay, wax, etc
- verb - assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- verb - display (clothes) as a mannequin
- verb - create a representation or model of
- verb - construct a model of
- adj - worthy of imitation
- A small object, usually built to scale, that represents in detail another, often larger object.
- A preliminary work or construction that serves as a plan from which a final product is to be made: a clay model ready for casting.
- Such a work or construction used in testing or perfecting a final product: a test model of a solar-powered vehicle.
- A schematic description of a system, theory, or phenomenon that accounts for its known or inferred properties and may be used for further study of its characteristics: a model of generative grammar; a model of an atom; an economic model.
- A style or design of an item: My car is last year’s model.
- One that serves as the subject for an artist, especially a person employed to pose for a painter, sculptor, or photographer.
- A person employed to display merchandise, such as clothing or cosmetics.
- An animal whose appearance is copied by a mimic.
- To make or construct a model of.
- To plan, construct, or fashion according to a model.
- To make conform to a chosen standard: He modeled his manners on his father’s.
- To make by shaping a plastic substance: model clay.
- To display by wearing or posing.
- In painting, drawing, and photography, to give a three-dimensional appearance to, as by shading or highlighting.
- To make a model.
- To serve as a model.
- Being, serving as, or used as a model.
- Worthy of imitation: a model child.
- verb - to plan or form after a pattern