Scrabble word: DAM
In which Scrabble dictionary does DAM exist?
Definitions of DAM in dictionaries:
- noun - a barrier constructed to contain the flow of water or to keep out the sea
- noun - a metric unit of length equal to ten meters
- noun - female parent of an animal especially domestic livestock
- verb - obstruct with, or as if with, a dam
- A barrier constructed across a waterway to control the flow or raise the level of water.
- A body of water controlled by such a barrier.
- A barrier against the passage of liquid or loose material, as a rubber sheet used in dentistry to isolate one or more teeth from the rest of the mouth.
- An obstruction; a hindrance.
- To hold back or confine by means of a dam.
- To close up; obstruct: He tried to dam his grief.
- A female parent.
- A mother.
- verb - to build a barrier to obstruct the flow of water