Scrabble word: METER
In which Scrabble dictionary does METER exist?
Definitions of METER in dictionaries:
- noun - the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- noun - any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- noun - (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun - rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- verb - measure with a meter
- verb - stamp with a meter indicating the postage
- The measured arrangement of words in poetry, as by accentual rhythm, syllabic quantity, or the number of syllables in a line.
- A particular arrangement of words in poetry, such as iambic pentameter, determined by the kind and number of metrical units in a line.
- The rhythmic pattern of a stanza, determined by the kind and number of lines.
- Division into measures or bars.
- A specific rhythm determined by the number of beats and the time value assigned to each note in a measure.
- Any of various devices designed to measure time, distance, speed, or intensity or indicate and record or regulate the amount or volume, as of the flow of a gas or an electric current.
- A postage meter.
- A parking meter.
- To measure with a meter: meter a flow of water.
- To supply in a measured or regulated amount: metered the allotted gasoline to each vehicle.
- To imprint with postage or other revenue stamps by means of a postage meter or similar device: metering bulk mail.
- To provide with a parking meter or parking meters: meter parking spaces.
- verb - to measure by mechanical means
There are 5 letters in METER: E E M R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to METER
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word METER plus a wildcard: METER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word METER
Images for METER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.