Scrabble word: METER
In which Scrabble dictionary does METER exist?
Definitions of METER in dictionaries:
- noun - the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- noun - any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- noun - (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun - rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- verb - measure with a meter
- verb - stamp with a meter indicating the postage
- The measured arrangement of words in poetry, as by accentual rhythm, syllabic quantity, or the number of syllables in a line.
- A particular arrangement of words in poetry, such as iambic pentameter, determined by the kind and number of metrical units in a line.
- The rhythmic pattern of a stanza, determined by the kind and number of lines.
- Division into measures or bars.
- A specific rhythm determined by the number of beats and the time value assigned to each note in a measure.
- Any of various devices designed to measure time, distance, speed, or intensity or indicate and record or regulate the amount or volume, as of the flow of a gas or an electric current.
- A postage meter.
- A parking meter.
- To measure with a meter: meter a flow of water.
- To supply in a measured or regulated amount: metered the allotted gasoline to each vehicle.
- To imprint with postage or other revenue stamps by means of a postage meter or similar device: metering bulk mail.
- To provide with a parking meter or parking meters: meter parking spaces.
- verb - to measure by mechanical means