Scrabble word: TEMPER
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEMPER exist?
Definitions of TEMPER in dictionaries:
- noun - a sudden outburst of anger
- noun - a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling
- noun - a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger
- noun - the elasticity and hardness of a metal object
- verb - bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling
- verb - harden by reheating and cooling in oil
- verb - adjust the pitch (of pianos)
- verb - make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else
- verb - restrain
- To modify by the addition of a moderating element; moderate: “temper its doctrinaire logic with a little practical wisdom” (Robert H.
- To bring to a desired consistency, texture, hardness, or other physical condition by or as if by blending, admixing, or kneading: temper clay; paints that had been tempered with oil.
- To harden or strengthen (metal or glass) by application of heat or by heating and cooling.
- To strengthen through experience or hardship; toughen: soldiers who had been tempered by combat.
- To adjust finely; attune: a portfolio that is tempered to the investor’s needs.
- To be or become tempered.
- Calmness of mind or emotions; composure: lose one’s temper.
- A tendency to become easily angry or irritable: a quick temper.
- An outburst of rage: a fit of temper.
- A characteristic general quality; tone: heroes who exemplified the medieval temper; the politicized temper of the 1930’s.
- The condition of being tempered.
- The degree of hardness and elasticity of a metal, chiefly steel, achieved by tempering.
- A modifying substance or agent added to something else.
- A middle course between extremes; a mean.
- verb - to moderate by adding a counterbalancing agent
There are 6 letters in TEMPER: E E M P R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TEMPER
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TEMPER plus a wildcard: TEMPER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TEMPER
Images for TEMPER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.