Scrabble word: PREEMPT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PREEMPT exist?
Definitions of PREEMPT in dictionaries:
- noun - a high bid that is intended to prevent the opposing players from bidding
- verb - acquire for oneself before others can do so
- verb - take the place of or have precedence over
- verb - gain possession of by prior right or opportunity, especially so as to obtain the right to buy (land)
- verb - make a preemptive bid in the game of bridge
- To appropriate, seize, or take for oneself before others.
- To take the place of; displace: A special news program preempted the scheduled shows.
- To have precedence or predominance over: Discussion of the water shortage will preempt the other topics on this week’s agenda.
- To make a preemptive bid in bridge.
- verb - to acquire by prior right
There are 7 letters in PREEMPT: E E M P P R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PREEMPT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PREEMPT plus a wildcard: PREEMPT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PREEMPT
Images for PREEMPT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.