Scrabble word: ARM
In which Scrabble dictionary does ARM exist?
Definitions of ARM in dictionaries:
- noun - a human limb
- noun - any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
- noun - any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
- noun - the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- noun - a division of some larger or more complex organization
- noun - the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
- verb - prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- verb - supply with arms
- An upper limb of the human body, connecting the hand and wrist to the shoulder.
- A part similar to a human arm, such as the forelimb of an animal or a long part projecting from a central support in a machine.
- Something, such as a sleeve on a garment or a support on a chair, that is designed to cover or support the human arm.
- An administrative or functional branch, as of an organization.
- An excessively high price: a cruise that cost an arm and a leg.
- A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.
- A branch of a military force: infantry, armor, and other combat arms.
- Warfare: a call to arms against the invaders.
- Military service: several million volunteers under arms; the profession of arms.
- Insignia, as of a state, an official, a family, or an organization.
- To supply or equip oneself with weaponry.
- To prepare oneself for warfare or conflict.
- To equip with weapons: armed themselves with loaded pistols; arm a missile with a warhead; arm a nation for war.
- To equip with what is needed for effective action: tax advisers who were armed with the latest forms.
- To provide with something that strengthens or protects: a space reentry vehicle that was armed with a ceramic shield.
- To prepare (a weapon) for use or operation, as by releasing a safety device.
- verb - to supply with weapons