Scrabble word: TAME
In which Scrabble dictionary does TAME exist?
Definitions of TAME in dictionaries:
- verb - correct by punishment or discipline
- verb - make less strong or intense
- verb - adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment
- verb - overcome the wildness of
- verb - make fit for cultivation, domestic life, and service to humans
- adj - flat and uninspiring
- adj - very restrained or quiet
- adj - brought from wildness into a domesticated state
- adj - very docile
- Brought from wildness into a domesticated or tractable state.
- Naturally unafraid; not timid: “The sea otter is gentle and relatively tame” (Peter Matthiessen).
- Submissive; docile; fawning: tame obedience.
- Insipid; flat: a tame Christmas party.
- Sluggish; languid; inactive: a tame river.
- To make tractable; domesticate.
- To subdue or curb.
- To tone down; soften.
- adj - gentle or docile