Scrabble word: MATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MATE exist?
Definitions of MATE in dictionaries:
- noun - the officer below the master on a commercial ship
- noun - a fellow member of a team
- noun - the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
- noun - a person's partner in marriage
- noun - an exact duplicate
- noun - one of a pair
- noun - South American holly
- noun - informal term for a friend of the same sex
- noun - South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
- noun - a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
- verb - engage in sexual intercourse
- verb - bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- verb - place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
- One of a matched pair: the mate to this glove.
- A spouse.
- Either of a pair of animals or birds that associate in order to propagate.
- Either of a pair of animals brought together for breeding.
- A person with whom one is in close association; an associate.
- A good friend or companion.
- A deck officer on a merchant ship ranking below the master.
- A U.
- To join closely; pair.
- To unite in marriage.
- To pair (animals) for breeding.
- To become joined in marriage.
- To be paired for reproducing; breed.
- To copulate.
- A checkmate.
- verb - to join as mates (partners in a union)