Scrabble word: MATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MATE exist?
Definitions of MATE in dictionaries:
- noun - the officer below the master on a commercial ship
- noun - a fellow member of a team
- noun - the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
- noun - a person's partner in marriage
- noun - an exact duplicate
- noun - one of a pair
- noun - South American holly
- noun - informal term for a friend of the same sex
- noun - South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
- noun - a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
- verb - engage in sexual intercourse
- verb - bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- verb - place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
- One of a matched pair: the mate to this glove.
- A spouse.
- Either of a pair of animals or birds that associate in order to propagate.
- Either of a pair of animals brought together for breeding.
- A person with whom one is in close association; an associate.
- A good friend or companion.
- A deck officer on a merchant ship ranking below the master.
- A U.
- To join closely; pair.
- To unite in marriage.
- To pair (animals) for breeding.
- To become joined in marriage.
- To be paired for reproducing; breed.
- To copulate.
- A checkmate.
- verb - to join as mates (partners in a union)
There are 4 letters in MATE: A E M T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MATE plus a wildcard: MATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MATE
Images for MATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.