Scrabble word: MAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAT exist?
Definitions of MAT in dictionaries:
- noun - a thick flat pad used as a floor covering
- noun - mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
- noun - sports equipment consisting of a piece of thick padding on the floor for gymnastic sports
- noun - a mass that is densely tangled or interwoven
- noun - a master's degree in teaching
- noun - the property of having little or no contrast
- noun - a small pad of material that is used to protect surface from an object placed on it
- verb - twist together or entwine into a confusing mass
- verb - change texture so as to become matted and felt-like
- adj - not reflecting light
- A flat piece of coarse fabric or other material used for wiping one’s shoes or feet, or in various other forms as a floor covering.
- A small, flat piece of decorated material placed under a lamp, dish of food, or other object.
- A floor pad to protect athletes, as in wrestling or gymnastics.
- A densely woven or thickly tangled mass: a mat of hair.
- The solid part of a lace design.
- A heavy woven net of rope or wire cable placed over a blasting site to keep debris from scattering.
- To cover, protect, or decorate with mats or a mat.
- To pack or interweave into a thick mass: High winds matted the leaves against the base of the fence.
- A decorative border placed around a picture to serve as a frame or provide contrast between the picture and the frame.
- Also matte.
- A dull, often rough finish, as of paint, glass, metal, or paper.
- A special tool for producing such a surface or finish.
- See matrix (n.
- To put a mat around (a picture).
- To produce a dull finish on.
- verb - to pack down so as to form a dense mass