Scrabble word: ROD
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROD exist?
Definitions of ROD in dictionaries:
- noun - a long thin implement made of metal or wood
- noun - any rod-shaped bacterium
- noun - a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- noun - a square rod of land
- noun - a visual receptor cell that is sensitive to dim light
- noun - a gangster's pistol
- A fishing rod.
- A piston rod.
- An often expandable horizontal bar, especially of metal, used to suspend household items such as curtains or towels.
- A leveling rod.
- A lightning rod.
- A divining rod.
- A measuring stick.
- A shoot or stem cut from or growing as part of a woody plant.
- A stick or bundle of sticks or switches used to give punishment by whipping.
- Punishment; correction.
- A scepter, staff, or wand symbolizing power or authority.
- Power or dominion, especially of a tyrannical nature: “under the rod of a cruel slavery” (John Henry Newman).
- A linear measure equal to 5.
- The square of this measure, equal to 30.
- A line of family descent; a branch of a tribe.
- Any of various rod-shaped cells in the retina that respond to dim light.
- An elongated bacterium; a bacillus.
- A pistol or revolver.
- Often rods.
- verb - to provide with a rod (a straight, slender piece of wood, metal, or other material)