Scrabble word: WORD
In which Scrabble dictionary does WORD exist?
Definitions of WORD in dictionaries:
- noun - a unit of language that native speakers can identify
- noun - a brief statement
- noun - information about recent and important events
- noun - a verbal command for action
- noun - an exchange of views on some topic
- noun - a promise
- noun - a word is a string of bits stored in computer memory
- noun - the divine word of God
- noun - a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group
- noun - the sacred writings of the Christian religions
- verb - put into words or an expression
- A sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing or printing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or of a combination of morphemes.
- A set of bits constituting the smallest unit of addressable memory.
- An assurance or a promise; sworn intention: She has kept her word.
- A command or direction; an order: gave the word to retreat.
- A verbal signal; a password or watchword.
- Rumor: Word has it they’re divorcing.
- The Scriptures; the Bible.
- A favorable comment: She put in a good word for me.
- Favorable news.
- In precisely those words; exactly: hinted at impending indictments but did not say it in so many words.
- Speaking candidly and straightforwardly: In so many words, the weather has been beastly.
- verb - to express in words (speech sounds that communicate meaning)