Scrabble word: ENCOURAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENCOURAGE exist?
Definitions of ENCOURAGE in dictionaries:
- verb - contribute to the progress or growth of
- verb - inspire with confidence
- verb - spur on
- To inspire with hope, courage, or confidence; hearten.
- To give support to; foster: policies designed to encourage private investment.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to impart courage, inspiration, and resolution to”: encouraged the student to enter the competition; played patriotic music to animate the troops; a visitor cheering the patient with his presence; was emboldened to sing for the guests; praise that heartened us; a half-time pep talk that inspirited the weary team.