Scrabble word: GUN
In which Scrabble dictionary does GUN exist?
Definitions of GUN in dictionaries:
- noun - a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
- noun - large but transportable armament
- noun - a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
- noun - a professional killer who uses a gun
- noun - a hand-operated pump that resembles a revolver
- noun - a pedal that controls the throttle valve
- noun - the discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies
- verb - shoot with a gun
- A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
- A cannon with a long barrel and a relatively low angle of fire.
- A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.
- A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.
- A discharge of a firearm or cannon as a signal or salute.
- One, such as a hunter, who carries or uses a gun.
- A person skilled in the use of a gun.
- A professional killer: a hired gun.
- The throttle of an engine, as of an automobile.
- To shoot (a person): a bank robber who was gunned down by the police.
- To open the throttle of (an engine) so as to accelerate: gunned the engine and sped off.
- To hunt (game).
- To pursue relentlessly so as to overcome or destroy.
- To go after in earnest; set out to obtain: gunning for a promotion.
- verb - to shoot with a gun (a portable firearm)