Scrabble word: AGON
In which Scrabble dictionary does AGON exist?
Definitions of AGON in dictionaries:
- noun - a festivity in ancient Greece at which competitors contended for prizes
- A conflict, especially between the protagonist and antagonist in a work of literature or drama.
- The part of an ancient Greek drama, especially a comedy, in which two characters engage in verbal dispute.
- A test of will; a conflict: “Freud’s originality stemmed from his aggression and ambition in his agon with biology” (Harold Bloom).
- noun - the dramatic conflict between the main characters in a Greek play