Scrabble word: URGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does URGE exist?
Definitions of URGE in dictionaries:
- noun - an instinctive motive
- noun - a strong restless desire
- verb - force or impel in an indicated direction
- verb - push for something
- verb - spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
- To force or drive forward or onward; impel.
- To entreat earnestly and often repeatedly; exhort.
- To advocate earnestly the doing, consideration, or approval of; press for: urge passage of the bill; a speech urging moderation.
- To stimulate; excite: “It urged him to an intensity like madness” (D.
- To move or impel to action, effort, or speed; spur.
- To exert an impelling force; push vigorously.
- To present a forceful argument, claim, or case.
- The act of urging.
- An impulse that prompts action or effort: suppressed an urge to laugh.
- These verbs mean to constrain or impel to action.
- verb - to force forward