Scrabble word: SURGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SURGE exist?
Definitions of SURGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a sudden forceful flow
- noun - a sudden or abrupt strong increase
- noun - a large sea wave
- verb - rise and move, as in waves or billows
- verb - rise rapidly
- verb - rise or move forward
- verb - rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave
- verb - see one's performance improve
- To move in a billowing or swelling manner in or as if in waves.
- To roll or be tossed about on waves, as a boat.
- To move like advancing waves: The fans surged forward to see the movie star.
- To increase suddenly.
- To slip around a windlass.
- A heavy, billowing, or swelling motion like that of great waves.
- Wave motion with low height and a shorter period than a swell.
- A coastal rise in water level caused by wind.
- A sudden onrush: a surge of joy.
- A sudden, transient increase or oscillation in electric current or voltage.
- An instability in the power output of an engine.
- A brief, violent disturbance occurring during the eruption of a solar flare.
- The part of a windlass into which the cable surges.
- A temporary release or slackening of a cable.
- verb - to move in a swelling manner