Scrabble word: EARNEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does EARNEST exist?
Definitions of EARNEST in dictionaries:
- noun - something of value given by one person to another to bind a contract
- adj - characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions
- adj - earnest
- adj - not distracted by anything unrelated to the goal
- Marked by or showing deep sincerity or seriousness: an earnest gesture of goodwill.
- Of an important or weighty nature; grave.
- With a purposeful or sincere intent: settled down to study in earnest for the examination.
- Serious; determined: “Both sides are deeply in earnest, with passions that approximate those of civil war” (Conor Cruise O’Brien).
- Money paid in advance as part payment to bind a contract or bargain.
- A token of something to come; a promise or an assurance.
- noun - a down payment
There are 7 letters in EARNEST: A E E N R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EARNEST