Scrabble word: EARNEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does EARNEST exist?
Definitions of EARNEST in dictionaries:
- noun - something of value given by one person to another to bind a contract
- adj - characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions
- adj - earnest
- adj - not distracted by anything unrelated to the goal
- Marked by or showing deep sincerity or seriousness: an earnest gesture of goodwill.
- Of an important or weighty nature; grave.
- With a purposeful or sincere intent: settled down to study in earnest for the examination.
- Serious; determined: “Both sides are deeply in earnest, with passions that approximate those of civil war” (Conor Cruise O’Brien).
- Money paid in advance as part payment to bind a contract or bargain.
- A token of something to come; a promise or an assurance.
- noun - a down payment
There are 7 letters in EARNEST: A E E N R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EARNEST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word EARNEST plus a wildcard: EARNEST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word EARNEST
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for EARNEST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.