Scrabble word: QUARANTINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUARANTINE exist?
Definitions of QUARANTINE in dictionaries:
- noun - enforced isolation of patients suffering from a contagious disease in order to prevent the spread of disease
- noun - isolation to prevent the spread of infectious disease
- verb - place into enforced isolation, as for medical reasons
- A period of time during which a vehicle, person, or material suspected of carrying a contagious disease is detained at a port of entry under enforced isolation to prevent disease from entering a country.
- A place for such detention.
- Enforced isolation or restriction of free movement imposed to prevent the spread of contagious disease.
- A condition of enforced isolation.
- A period of 40 days.
- To isolate in or as if in quarantine.
- To isolate politically or economically.