Scrabble word: QUIET
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUIET exist?
Definitions of QUIET in dictionaries:
- noun - a period of calm weather
- noun - an untroubled state
- noun - the absence of sound
- noun - a disposition free from stress or emotion
- verb - become quiet or quieter
- verb - make calm or still
- adj - characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity
- adj - free of noise or uproar
- adj - not showy or obtrusive
- adj - in a softened tone
- adj - (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
- adj - of the sun characterized by a low level of surface phenomena like sunspots e.g.
- adv - with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly')
- Making no noise; silent: a quiet audience at the concert.
- Free of noise; hushed: a quiet place for studying.
- Calm and unmoving; still: floating on quiet waters.
- Free of turmoil and agitation; untroubled.
- Restful; soothing: a quiet afternoon nap; a warm, quiet bath.
- Tranquil; serene: a quiet manner.
- The quality or condition of being quiet: “A menacing quiet fills the empty streets” (Time).
- To cause to become quiet.
- adj - making little or no noise
- verb - to cause to be quiet