Scrabble word: QUIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUIT exist?
Definitions of QUIT in dictionaries:
- verb - put an end to a state or an activity
- verb - give up or retire from a position
- verb - go away or leave
- verb - turn away from
- verb - give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope
- To depart from; leave: “You and I are on the point of quitting the theater of our exploits” (Horatio Nelson).
- To leave the company of: had to quit the gathering in order to be home by midnight.
- To give up; relinquish: quit a job.
- To abandon or put aside; forsake: advised them to quit their dissipated ways.
- To cease or discontinue: asked them to quit talking.
- To rid oneself of by paying: quit a debt.
- To release from a burden or responsibility.
- To conduct (oneself) in a specified way: Quit yourselves like adults.
- To cease performing an action.
- To give up, as in defeat; stop.
- Absolved of a duty or an obligation; free.
- verb - to end one's engagement in or occupation with