Scrabble word: ELEVATOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does ELEVATOR exist?
Definitions of ELEVATOR in dictionaries:
- noun - lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- noun - the airfoil on the tailplane of an aircraft that makes it ascend or descend
- A platform or an enclosure raised and lowered in a vertical shaft to transport people or freight.
- The enclosure or platform with its operating equipment, motor, cables, and accessories.
- A movable control surface, usually attached to the horizontal stabilizer of an aircraft, that is used to produce motion up or down.
- A mechanism, often with buckets or scoops attached to a conveyor, used for hoisting materials.
- A granary equipped with devices for hoisting and discharging grain.
- adj - to move to a higher position [v RAISED, RAISING, RAISES] : RAISABLE