Scrabble word: VEER
In which Scrabble dictionary does VEER exist?
Definitions of VEER in dictionaries:
- verb - turn sharply
- verb - shift to a clockwise direction
- To turn aside from a course, direction, or purpose; swerve: “a sequence of adventures that veered between tragedy and bleak farce” (Anthony Haden-Guest).
- To shift clockwise in direction, as from north to northeast.
- To change the course of a ship upwind by turning the stern through the wind.
- To alter the direction of; turn: veered the car sharply to the left.
- To change the course of (a ship) upwind by turning the stern through the wind.
- To let out or release (a line or an anchor train).
- verb - to change direction