Scrabble word: VERGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VERGE exist?
Definitions of VERGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a region marking a boundary
- noun - the limit beyond which something happens or changes
- noun - a ceremonial or emblematic staff
- noun - a grass border along a road
- verb - border on
- The extreme edge or margin; a border.
- An enclosing boundary.
- The space enclosed by such a boundary.
- The point beyond which an action, a state, or a condition is likely to begin or occur; the brink: on the verge of tears; a nation on the verge of economic prosperity.
- The edge of the tiling that projects over a roof gable.
- The shoulder of a road.
- A rod, wand, or staff carried as an emblem of authority or office.
- The rod held by a feudal tenant while swearing fealty to a lord.
- The spindle of a balance wheel in a clock or watch, especially such a spindle in a clock with vertical escapement.
- The male organ of copulation in certain invertebrates.
- To approach the nature or condition of something specified; come close.
- To be on the edge or border: Her land verges on the neighboring township.
- To slope or incline.
- To tend to move in a particular direction: “the Neoclassicism... away from which they subsequently verged” (Hugh Honour).
- To pass or merge gradually: dusk verging into night.
- verb - to come near