Scrabble word: VERGE
Is VERGE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of VERGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a region marking a boundary
- noun - the limit beyond which something happens or changes
- noun - a ceremonial or emblematic staff
- noun - a grass border along a road
- verb - border on
- The extreme edge or margin; a border.
- An enclosing boundary.
- The space enclosed by such a boundary.
- The point beyond which an action, a state, or a condition is likely to begin or occur; the brink: on the verge of tears; a nation on the verge of economic prosperity.
- The edge of the tiling that projects over a roof gable.
- The shoulder of a road.
- A rod, wand, or staff carried as an emblem of authority or office.
- The rod held by a feudal tenant while swearing fealty to a lord.
- The spindle of a balance wheel in a clock or watch, especially such a spindle in a clock with vertical escapement.
- The male organ of copulation in certain invertebrates.
- To approach the nature or condition of something specified; come close.
- To be on the edge or border: Her land verges on the neighboring township.
- To slope or incline.
- To tend to move in a particular direction: “the Neoclassicism... away from which they subsequently verged” (Hugh Honour).
- To pass or merge gradually: dusk verging into night.
- verb - to come near
There are 5 letters in VERGE: E E G R V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to VERGE
Click to search all anagrams of VERGE plus a wildcard: VERGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word VERGE
Images for VERGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.