Scrabble word: SERVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SERVE exist?
Definitions of SERVE in dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play
- verb - serve a purpose, role, or function
- verb - do duty or hold offices
- verb - contribute or conduce to
- verb - be used by
- verb - help to some food
- verb - provide (usually but not necessarily food)
- verb - devote (part of) one's life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas
- verb - promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to
- verb - spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- verb - work for or be a servant to
- verb - deliver a warrant or summons to someone
- verb - be sufficient
- verb - do military service
- verb - mate with
- verb - put the ball into play
- To work for.
- To be a servant to.
- To prepare and offer (food, for example): serve tea.
- To place food before (someone); wait on: served the guests a wonderful dinner.
- To provide goods and services for (customers): a hotel that has served tourists at the same location for 30 years.
- To supply (goods or services) to customers.
- To assist (the celebrant) during Mass.
- To be of assistance to or promote the interests of; aid: “Both major parties today seek to serve the national interest” (John F.
- To spend or complete (time): served four terms in Congress.
- To fight or undergo military service for: served her country for five years in the navy.
- To give homage and obedience to: served God.
- To act toward (another) in a specified way; requite: She has served me ill, and only that.
- To copulate with.
- To meet the needs or requirements of; satisfy: serve the purpose.
- To deliver or present (a writ or summons).
- To present such a writ to.
- To put (a ball or shuttlecock) in play, as in tennis, badminton, or jai alai.
- To bind or whip (a rope) with fine cord or wire.
- To be employed as a servant.
- To do a term of duty: serve in the U.
- To act in a particular capacity: serve as a clerk.
- To be of service or use; function: Let this incident serve as a reminder to future generations.
- To meet requirements or needs; satisfy: a device that will serve well.
- To wait on tables: serve at luncheon.
- To put a ball or shuttlecock into play, as in court games.
- The right, manner, or act of serving in many court games.
- verb - to work for
There are 5 letters in SERVE: E E R S V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SERVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SERVE plus a wildcard: SERVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SERVE
Images for SERVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.