Scrabble word: VERSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VERSE exist?
Definitions of VERSE in dictionaries:
- noun - literature in metrical form
- noun - a piece of poetry
- noun - a line of metrical text
- verb - compose verses or put into verse
- verb - familiarize through thorough study or experience
- A single metrical line in a poetic composition; one line of poetry.
- A division of a metrical composition, such as a stanza of a poem or hymn.
- A poem.
- Metrical or rhymed composition as distinct from prose; poetry.
- The art or work of a poet.
- A group of poems: read a book of satirical verse.
- Metrical writing that lacks depth or artistic merit.
- A particular type of metrical composition, such as blank verse or free verse.
- One of the numbered subdivisions of a chapter in the Bible.
- verb - to change from prose into metrical form