Scrabble word: NERVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NERVE exist?
Definitions of NERVE in dictionaries:
- noun - any bundle of nerve fibers running to various organs and tissues of the body
- noun - the courage to carry on
- noun - impudent aggressiveness
- verb - get ready for something difficult or unpleasant
- Any of the cordlike bundles of fibers made up of neurons through which sensory stimuli and motor impulses pass between the brain or other parts of the central nervous system and the eyes, glands, muscles, and other parts of the body.
- The sensitive tissue in the pulp of a tooth.
- A sore point or sensitive subject: The criticism touched a nerve.
- Courage and control under pressure: lost his nerve at the last minute.
- Fortitude; stamina.
- Forceful quality; boldness.
- A vein or rib in the wing of an insect.
- The midrib and larger veins in a leaf.
- verb - to give courage to