Scrabble word: VETO
In which Scrabble dictionary does VETO exist?
Definitions of VETO in dictionaries:
- noun - a vote that blocks a decision
- noun - the power or right to prohibit or reject a proposed or intended act (especially the power of a chief executive to reject a bill passed by the legislature)
- verb - vote against
- verb - command against
- The vested power or constitutional right of one branch or department of government to refuse approval of measures proposed by another department, especially the power of a chief executive to reject a bill passed by the legislature and thus prevent or delay its enactment into law.
- Exercise of this right.
- An official document or message from a chief executive stating the reasons for rejection of a bill.
- An authoritative prohibition or rejection of a proposed or intended act.
- To prevent (a legislative bill) from becoming law by exercising the power of veto.
- To forbid or prohibit authoritatively.
- verb - to forbid or prevent authoritatively