Scrabble word: LEAVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEAVE exist?
Definitions of LEAVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty
- noun - permission to do something
- noun - the act of departing politely
- verb - go away from a place
- verb - go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness
- verb - act or be so as to become in a specified state
- verb - leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking
- verb - move out of or depart from
- verb - make a possibility or provide opportunity for
- verb - have as a result or residue
- verb - remove oneself from an association with or participation in
- verb - put into the care or protection of someone
- verb - leave or give by will after one's death
- verb - have left or have as a remainder
- verb - be survived by after one's death
- verb - transmit (knowledge or skills)
- verb - leave behind unintentionally
- To go out of or away from: not allowed to leave the room.
- To go without taking or removing: left my book on the bus.
- To omit or exclude: left out the funniest part of the story.
- To have as a result, consequence, or remainder: The car left a trail of exhaust fumes.
- To cause or allow to be or remain in a specified state: left the lights on.
- To have remaining after death: left a young son.
- To bequeath: left her money to charity.
- To give over to another to control or act on: Leave all the details to us.
- To abandon or forsake: leave home; left her husband.
- To remove oneself from association with or participation in: left the navy for civilian life.
- To give or deposit, as for use or information, upon one’s departure or in one’s absence: He left a note for you.
- To cause or permit to be or remain attainable: left myself plenty of time.
- To allow or permit; let.
- To stop; cease.
- Those who do not accept these examples generally feel that leave alone should mean simply “to depart from one who remains in solitude”: They were left alone in the wilderness.
- Permission to do something.
- Official permission to be absent from work or duty, as that granted to military or corporate personnel.
- The period of time granted by such permission.
- An act of departing; a farewell: took leave of her with a heavy heart.
- verb - to go away from
There are 5 letters in LEAVE: A E E L V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LEAVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LEAVE plus a wildcard: LEAVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LEAVE
Images for LEAVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.