Scrabble word: MERIDIAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does MERIDIAN exist?
Definitions of MERIDIAN in dictionaries:
- noun - the highest level or degree attainable
- noun - a town in eastern Mississippi
- noun - an imaginary great circle on the surface of the earth passing through the north and south poles at right angles to the equator
- adj - of or happening at noon
- adj - being at the best stage of development
- An imaginary great circle on the earth’s surface passing through the North and South geographic poles.
- Either half of such a great circle from pole to pole.
- A great circle passing through the two poles of the celestial sphere and the zenith of a given observer.
- A curve on a surface of revolution, formed by the intersection of the surface with a plane containing the axis of revolution.
- A plane section of a surface of revolution containing the axis of revolution.
- Any of the longitudinal lines or pathways on the body along which the acupuncture points are distributed.
- The highest point in the sky reached by the sun or another celestial body; a zenith.
- The highest point or stage of development; peak: “Men come to their meridian at various periods of their lives” (John Henry Newman).
- See median strip.
- Of or relating to a meridian; meridional.
- Of or at midday: the meridian hour.
- Of, relating to, or constituting the highest point, as of development or power: the empire in its meridian period.
- noun - a circle around the earth passing through both poles