Scrabble word: MAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAN exist?
Definitions of MAN in dictionaries:
- noun - an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
- noun - someone who serves in the armed forces
- noun - the generic use of the word to refer to any human being
- noun - any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- noun - a male subordinate
- noun - an adult male person who has a manly character (virile and courageous competent)
- noun - a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer
- noun - a male person who plays a significant role (husband or lover or boyfriend) in the life of a particular woman
- noun - one of the British Isles in the Irish Sea
- noun - game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games
- noun - all of the living human inhabitants of the earth
- verb - take charge of a certain job
- verb - provide with workers
- An adult male human being.
- A human being regardless of sex or age; a person.
- A human being or an adult male human being belonging to a specific occupation, group, nationality, or other category.
- The human race; mankind: man’s quest for peace.
- A member of the genus Homo, family Hominidae, order Primates, class Mammalia, characterized by erect posture and an opposable thumb, especially a member of the only extant species, Homo sapiens, distinguished by a highly developed brain, the capacity for abstract reasoning, and the ability to communicate by means of organized speech and record information in a variety of symbolic systems.
- A male human being endowed with qualities, such as strength, considered characteristic of manhood.
- In Christianity and Judaism, a being composed of a body and a soul or spirit.
- A husband.
- A lover or sweetheart.
- Enlisted personnel of the armed forces: officers and men.
- A male representative, as of a country or company: our man in Tokyo.
- A male servant or subordinate.
- One who swore allegiance to a lord in the Middle Ages; a vassal.
- Any of the pieces used in a board game, such as chess or checkers.
- A ship.
- A person or group felt to be in a position of power or authority.
- To supply with men, as for defense or service: man a ship.
- To take stations at, as to defend or operate: manned the guns.
- Used as an expletive to indicate intense feeling: Man! That was close.
- In complete agreement; unanimously.
- Traditionally, man and words derived from it have been used generically to designate any or all of the human race irrespective of sex.
- noun - an adult human male
- verb - to supply with men
There are 3 letters in MAN: A M N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MAN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MAN plus a wildcard: MAN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MAN
Images for MAN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.