Scrabble word: NAME
In which Scrabble dictionary does NAME exist?
Definitions of NAME in dictionaries:
- noun - a language unit by which a person or thing is known
- noun - a person's reputation
- noun - family based on male descent
- noun - a well-known or notable person
- noun - by the sanction or authority of
- noun - a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- verb - assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- verb - give the name or identifying characteristics of
- verb - charge with a function
- verb - create and charge with a task or function
- verb - mention and identify by name
- verb - make reference to
- verb - identify as in botany or biology, for example
- verb - give or make a list of
- verb - determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- A word or words by which an entity is designated and distinguished from others: some of the most famous names of the 20th century.
- A word or group of words used to describe or evaluate, often disparagingly.
- Representation or repute, as opposed to reality: a democracy in name, a police state in fact.
- General reputation: a bad name.
- A distinguished reputation; renown.
- An illustrious or outstanding person: some of the most famous names of the 20th century.
- To give a name to: named the child after both grandparents.
- To mention, specify, or cite by name: named the primary colors.
- To call by an epithet: named them all cowards.
- To nominate for or appoint to a duty, an office, or an honor.
- Wellknown by a name: a name performer.
- adj - to give a title to [v NAMED, NAMING, NAMES] : NAMABLE, NAMEABLE
There are 4 letters in NAME: A E M N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to NAME
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word NAME plus a wildcard: NAME?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word NAME
Images for NAME
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.