Scrabble word: NAME
In which Scrabble dictionary does NAME exist?
Definitions of NAME in dictionaries:
- noun - a language unit by which a person or thing is known
- noun - a person's reputation
- noun - family based on male descent
- noun - a well-known or notable person
- noun - by the sanction or authority of
- noun - a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- verb - assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- verb - give the name or identifying characteristics of
- verb - charge with a function
- verb - create and charge with a task or function
- verb - mention and identify by name
- verb - make reference to
- verb - identify as in botany or biology, for example
- verb - give or make a list of
- verb - determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- A word or words by which an entity is designated and distinguished from others: some of the most famous names of the 20th century.
- A word or group of words used to describe or evaluate, often disparagingly.
- Representation or repute, as opposed to reality: a democracy in name, a police state in fact.
- General reputation: a bad name.
- A distinguished reputation; renown.
- An illustrious or outstanding person: some of the most famous names of the 20th century.
- To give a name to: named the child after both grandparents.
- To mention, specify, or cite by name: named the primary colors.
- To call by an epithet: named them all cowards.
- To nominate for or appoint to a duty, an office, or an honor.
- Wellknown by a name: a name performer.
- adj - to give a title to [v NAMED, NAMING, NAMES] : NAMABLE, NAMEABLE