Scrabble word: MAIDEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAIDEN exist?
Definitions of MAIDEN in dictionaries:
- noun - an unmarried girl (especially a virgin)
- noun - (cricket) an over in which no runs are scored
- adj - serving to set in motion
- An unmarried girl or woman.
- A virgin.
- A machine resembling the guillotine, used in Scotland in the 16th and 17th centuries to behead criminals.
- A racehorse that has never won a race.
- A maiden over.
- Of, relating to, or befitting a maiden: a maiden blush.
- Being an unmarried girl or woman: a maiden aunt.
- Inexperienced; untried: a maiden surfer.
- Being a racehorse that has never won a race.
- First or earliest: a maiden voyage; a maiden speech in the House of Commons.
- adj - a young unmarried woman [n -S] : MAIDENLY