Scrabble word: AUTHORIZE
In which Scrabble dictionary does AUTHORIZE exist?
Definitions of AUTHORIZE in dictionaries:
- verb - grant authorization or clearance for
- verb - give or delegate power or authority to
- To grant authority or power to.
- To give permission for; sanction: the city agency that authorizes construction projects.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to give someone the authority to act”: authorized her partner to negotiate in her behalf; a representative who was accredited by his government; commissioned the real-estate agent to purchase the house for us; was empowered to make decisions during the president’s absence; a pharmacist licensed to practice in two states.