Scrabble word: TRAVERSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRAVERSE exist?
Definitions of TRAVERSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a horizontal beam that extends across something
- noun - a horizontal crosspiece across a window or separating a door from a window over it
- noun - taking a zigzag path on skis
- noun - travel across
- verb - travel across or pass over
- verb - to cover or extend over an area or time period
- verb - deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- To travel or pass across, over, or through.
- To move to and fro over; cross and recross.
- To go up, down, or across (a slope) diagonally, as in skiing.
- To cause to move laterally on a pivot; swivel: traverse an artillery piece.
- To extend across; cross: a bridge that traverses a river.
- To look over carefully; examine.
- To go counter to; thwart.
- To deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a suit.
- To join issue upon (an indictment).
- To survey by traverse.
- To brace (a yard) fore and aft.
- To move to the side or back and forth.
- To turn laterally; swivel.
- To go up, down, or across a slope diagonally or in a zigzag manner, as in skiing.
- To slide one’s blade with pressure toward the hilt of the opponent’s foil in fencing.
- A passing across, over, or through.
- A route or path across or over.
- An intersecting line; a transversal.
- A structural crosspiece; a transom.
- A gallery, deck, or loft crossing from one side of a building to the other.
- A railing, curtain, screen, or similar barrier.
- A defensive barrier across a rampart or trench, as a bank of earth thrown up to protect against enfilade fire.
- Something that obstructs and thwarts; an obstacle.
- The zigzag route of a vessel forced by contrary winds to sail on different courses.
- A zigzag or diagonal course on a steep slope, as in skiing.
- A lateral movement, as of a lathe tool across a piece of wood.
- A part of a mechanism that moves in this manner.
- The lateral swivel of a mounted gun.
- A line established by sighting in surveying a tract of land.
- A formal denial of the opposing party’s allegation of fact in a suit.
- verb - to pass across or through
There are 8 letters in TRAVERSE: A E E R R S T V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TRAVERSE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TRAVERSE plus a wildcard: TRAVERSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TRAVERSE
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for TRAVERSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.