Scrabble word: ARREST
In which Scrabble dictionary does ARREST exist?
Definitions of ARREST in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- verb - take into custody
- verb - hold back, as of a danger or an enemy
- verb - attract and fix
- verb - cause to stop
- To stop; check: a brake that automatically arrests motion; arrested the growth of the tumor.
- To seize and hold under the authority of law.
- To capture and hold briefly (the attention, for example); engage.
- To undergo cardiac arrest: The patient arrested en route to the hospital.
- To behave in a certain manner when taken into legal detention: a suspect who did not arrest well.
- The act of detaining in legal custody: the arrest of a criminal suspect.
- The state of being so detained: a criminal under arrest.
- A device for stopping motion, especially of a moving part.
- verb - to seize and hold by legal authority
There are 6 letters in ARREST: A E R R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ARREST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ARREST plus a wildcard: ARREST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ARREST
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ARREST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.