Scrabble word: VEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does VEST exist?
Definitions of VEST in dictionaries:
- noun - a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- noun - a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
- verb - provide with power and authority
- verb - place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons
- verb - become legally vested
- verb - clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- verb - clothe formally
- adj - being one more than four
- A sleeveless garment, often having buttons down the front, worn usually over a shirt or blouse and sometimes as part of a three-piece suit.
- A waist-length, sleeveless garment worn for protection: a thick, down vest; a bulletproof vest.
- A fabric trim worn to fill in the neckline of a woman’s garment; a vestee.
- An undershirt.
- Clothing; raiment.
- An ecclesiastical vestment.
- To place (authority, property, or rights, for example) in the control of a person or group, especially to give someone an immediate right to present or future possession or enjoyment of (an estate, for example).
- To invest or endow (a person or group) with something, such as power or rights.
- To clothe or robe, as in ecclesiastical vestments.
- To become legally vested.
- To dress oneself, especially in ecclesiastical vestments.
- verb - to place in the control of