Scrabble word: SAVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAVE exist?
Definitions of SAVE in dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) the act of preventing the opposition from scoring
- verb - save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- verb - to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
- verb - bring into safety
- verb - spend less
- verb - accumulate money for future use
- verb - make unnecessary an expenditure or effort
- verb - save from sins
- verb - refrain from harming
- verb - spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
- verb - retain rights to
- verb - record data on a computer
- To rescue from harm, danger, or loss.
- To set free from the consequences of sin; redeem.
- To keep in a safe condition; safeguard.
- To prevent the waste or loss of; conserve.
- To set aside for future use; store.
- To treat with care by avoiding fatigue, wear, or damage; spare: save one’s eyesight.
- To make unnecessary; obviate: Your taking the trunk to the attic has saved me an extra trip.
- To prevent (a goal, score, or win by an opponent).
- To preserve (another pitcher’s win) by protecting one’s team’s lead during a stint of relief pitching.
- To copy (a file) from a computer’s main memory to a disk or other storage medium so that it can be used again.
- To avoid waste or expense; economize.
- To accumulate money: saving for a vacation.
- To preserve a person or thing from harm or loss.
- An act that prevents an opponent from scoring.
- A preservation by a relief pitcher of another pitcher’s win.
- Were it not; except: The house would be finished by now, save that we had difficulty contracting a roofer.
- adj - to rescue from danger, injury, or loss [v SAVED, SAVING, SAVES] : SAVEABLE