Scrabble word: SAVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAVE exist?
Definitions of SAVE in dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) the act of preventing the opposition from scoring
- verb - save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- verb - to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
- verb - bring into safety
- verb - spend less
- verb - accumulate money for future use
- verb - make unnecessary an expenditure or effort
- verb - save from sins
- verb - refrain from harming
- verb - spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
- verb - retain rights to
- verb - record data on a computer
- To rescue from harm, danger, or loss.
- To set free from the consequences of sin; redeem.
- To keep in a safe condition; safeguard.
- To prevent the waste or loss of; conserve.
- To set aside for future use; store.
- To treat with care by avoiding fatigue, wear, or damage; spare: save one’s eyesight.
- To make unnecessary; obviate: Your taking the trunk to the attic has saved me an extra trip.
- To prevent (a goal, score, or win by an opponent).
- To preserve (another pitcher’s win) by protecting one’s team’s lead during a stint of relief pitching.
- To copy (a file) from a computer’s main memory to a disk or other storage medium so that it can be used again.
- To avoid waste or expense; economize.
- To accumulate money: saving for a vacation.
- To preserve a person or thing from harm or loss.
- An act that prevents an opponent from scoring.
- A preservation by a relief pitcher of another pitcher’s win.
- Were it not; except: The house would be finished by now, save that we had difficulty contracting a roofer.
- adj - to rescue from danger, injury, or loss [v SAVED, SAVING, SAVES] : SAVEABLE
There are 4 letters in SAVE: A E S V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SAVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SAVE plus a wildcard: SAVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SAVE
Images for SAVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.