Scrabble word: FRACTURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FRACTURE exist?
Definitions of FRACTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - breaking of hard tissue such as bone
- noun - (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- noun - the act of cracking something
- verb - violate or abuse
- verb - interrupt, break, or destroy
- verb - break into pieces
- verb - become fractured
- verb - break (a bone)
- verb - fracture a bone of
- The act or process of breaking.
- The condition of having been broken or ruptured: “a sudden and irreparable fracture of the established order” (W.
- A break, rupture, or crack, especially in bone or cartilage.
- The characteristic manner in which a mineral breaks.
- The characteristic appearance of the surface of a broken mineral.
- A crack or fault in a rock.
- To cause to break: fracture a bone.
- To disrupt or destroy as if by breaking: fractured the delicate balance of power.
- To abuse or misuse flagrantly, as by violating rules: ignorant writers who fracture the language.
- To cause to laugh heartily: “Jack Benny fractured audiences... for more than 50 years” (Newsweek).
- verb - to reduce to fragments