Scrabble word: TURF
In which Scrabble dictionary does TURF exist?
Definitions of TURF in dictionaries:
- noun - surface layer of ground containing a mat of grass and grass roots
- noun - the territory claimed by a juvenile gang as its own
- noun - range of jurisdiction or influence
- verb - cover (the ground) with a surface layer of grass or grass roots
- A surface layer of earth containing a dense growth of grass and its matted roots; sod.
- An artificial substitute for such a grassy layer, as on a playing field.
- A piece cut from a layer of earth or sod.
- A piece of peat that is burned for use as fuel.
- The range of the authority or influence of a person, group, or thing; a bailiwick: “a bureaucracy like any other, chiefly concerned with turf, promotions, the budget, and protecting the retirement system” (Harper’s).
- A geographical area; a territory.
- The area claimed by a gang, as of youths, as its personal territory.
- A racetrack.
- The sport or business of racing horses.
- To spread with turf: turfed the front yard.
- Chiefly British.
- To kill: “These guys can’t... make sure nobody gets turfed” (Scott Turow).
- noun - a surface layer of earth containing a dense growth of grass and its roots
- verb - to cover with turf
There are 4 letters in TURF: F R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TURF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TURF plus a wildcard: TURF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TURF
Images for TURF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.