Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: ALTERNATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALTERNATE exist?
Definitions of ALTERNATE in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who takes the place of another person
- verb - go back and forth
- verb - exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions
- verb - be an understudy or alternate for a role
- verb - reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- verb - do something in turns
- adj - every second one of a series
- adj - serving or used in place of another
- adj - occurring by turns
- adj - of leaves and branches etc
- To occur in successive turns: showers alternating with sunshine.
- To pass back and forth from one state, action, or place to another: alternated between happiness and depression.
- To do or execute by turns.
- To cause to follow in turns; interchange regularly.
- See Usage Note at alternative.
- Designating or relating to every other one of a series: alternate lines.
- Serving or used in place of another; substitute: an alternate plan.
- Arranged singly at each node, as leaves or buds on a stem.
- Arranged regularly between other parts, as stamens between petals.
- A person acting in the place of another; a substitute.
- An alternative.
There are 9 letters in ALTERNATE: A A E E L N R T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ALTERNATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ALTERNATE plus a wildcard: ALTERNATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ALTERNATE
9 letter words
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ALTERNATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.