Scrabble word: LETTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does LETTER exist?
Definitions of LETTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a written message addressed to a person or organization
- noun - the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- noun - owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire
- noun - a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention)
- noun - an award earned by participation in a school sport
- verb - win an athletic letter
- verb - set down or print with letters
- verb - mark letters on or mark with letters
- A written symbol or character representing a speech sound and being a component of an alphabet.
- A written or printed communication directed to a person or an organization.
- Often letters.
- Literal meaning: had to adhere to the letter of the law.
- Literary culture; belles-lettres.
- Learning or knowledge, especially of literature.
- Literature or writing as a profession.
- A piece of type that prints a single character.
- A specific style of type.
- The characters in one style of type.
- An emblem in the shape of the initial of a school awarded for outstanding performance, especially in varsity athletics.
- To write letters on.
- To write in letters.
- To write or form letters.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a written communication directed to another”: received a letter of complaint; the Epistles of the New Testament; a missive of condolence; a thank-you note.
- verb - to mark with letters (written symbols representing speech sounds)