Scrabble word: INTERCEPT
In which Scrabble dictionary does INTERCEPT exist?
Definitions of INTERCEPT in dictionaries:
- noun - the point at which a line intersects a coordinate axis
- verb - seize on its way
- verb - tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
- To stop, deflect, or interrupt the progress or intended course of: intercepted me with a message as I was leaving.
- To take possession of by catching (an opponent’s ball), especially in football.
- To include or bound (a part of a space or curve) between two points or lines.
- To prevent.
- To cut off from access or communication.
- The distance from the origin to the point at which a line, curve, or surface intersects a coordinate axis.
- The interception of a missile by another missile or an aircraft by another aircraft.
- Interception of a radio transmission.
- An interceptor.