Scrabble word: ENCOUNTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENCOUNTER exist?
Definitions of ENCOUNTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a minor short-term fight
- noun - a casual or unexpected convergence
- noun - a casual meeting with a person or thing
- noun - a hostile disagreement face-to-face
- verb - come together
- verb - come upon, as if by accident
- verb - be beset by
- verb - experience as a reaction
- verb - contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
- A meeting, especially one that is unplanned, unexpected, or brief: a chance encounter in the park.
- A hostile or adversarial confrontation; a contest: a tense naval encounter.
- An often violent meeting; a clash.
- To meet, especially unexpectedly; come upon: encountered an old friend on the street.
- To confront in battle or contention.
- To meet, especially unexpectedly.