Scrabble word: INTEREST
In which Scrabble dictionary does INTEREST exist?
Definitions of INTEREST in dictionaries:
- noun - a sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something
- noun - a reason for wanting something done
- noun - the power of attracting or holding one's attention (because it is unusual or exciting etc.)
- noun - a fixed charge for borrowing money
- noun - (law) a right or legal share of something
- noun - (usually plural) a social group whose members control some field of activity and who have common aims
- noun - a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly)
- verb - excite the curiosity of
- verb - be on the mind of
- verb - be of importance or consequence
- A state of curiosity or concern about or attention to something: an interest in sports.
- Something, such as a quality, a subject, or an activity, that evokes this mental state: counts the theater among his interests.
- Often interests.
- A right, claim, or legal share: an interest in the new company.
- Something in which such a right, claim, or share is held: has interests overseas.
- A person or group of persons holding such a right, claim, or share: a petroleum interest.
- Involvement with or participation in something: She has an interest in the quality of her education.
- A charge for a loan, usually a percentage of the amount loaned.
- An excess or a bonus beyond what is expected or due.
- An interest group.
- The particular cause supported by an interest group.
- To arouse the curiosity or hold the attention of: Your opinions interest me.
- To cause to become involved or concerned with: tried to interest her in taking a walk.
- To concern or affect.
- verb - to engage the attention of