Scrabble word: STREET
In which Scrabble dictionary does STREET exist?
Definitions of STREET in dictionaries:
- noun - a thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings
- noun - the part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks
- noun - the streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction
- noun - a situation offering opportunities
- noun - people living or working on the same street
- A public way or thoroughfare in a city or town, usually with a sidewalk or sidewalks.
- Such a public way considered apart from the sidewalks: Don’t play in the street.
- A public way or road along with the houses or buildings abutting it: lives on a quiet street.
- The people living, working, or habitually gathering in or along a street: The whole street protested the new parking regulations.
- The streets of a city viewed as the scene of crime, poverty, or dereliction.
- Near or giving passage to a street: a street door.
- Taking place in the street: a street brawl; street crime.
- Living or making a living on the streets: street people; a street vendor.
- Performing on the street: street musicians; a street juggler.
- Crude; vulgar: street language; street humor.
- Appropriate for wear or use in public: street clothes.
- Without a job; idle.
- Without a home; homeless.
- Out of prison; at liberty.
- noun - a public thoroughfare