Scrabble word: SANCTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does SANCTION exist?
Definitions of SANCTION in dictionaries:
- noun - formal and explicit approval
- noun - a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards
- noun - official permission or approval
- noun - the act of final authorization
- verb - give sanction to
- verb - give authority or permission to
- verb - give religious sanction to, such as through on oath
- Authoritative permission or approval that makes a course of action valid.
- Support or encouragement, as from public opinion or established custom.
- A consideration, an influence, or a principle that dictates an ethical choice.
- A law or decree.
- The penalty for noncompliance specified in a law or decree.
- A penalty, specified or in the form of moral pressure, that acts to ensure compliance or conformity.
- A coercive measure adopted usually by several nations acting together against a nation violating international law.
- To give official authorization or approval to: “The president, we are told, has sanctioned greed at the cost of compassion” (David Rankin).
- To encourage or tolerate by indicating approval.
There are 8 letters in SANCTION: A C I N N O S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SANCTION
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SANCTION plus a wildcard: SANCTION?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SANCTION
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SANCTION
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.