Scrabble word: CANON
In which Scrabble dictionary does CANON exist?
Definitions of CANON in dictionaries:
- noun - a rule or especially body of rules or principles generally established as valid and fundamental in a field or art or philosophy
- noun - a priest who is a member of a cathedral chapter
- noun - a ravine formed by a river in an area with little rainfall
- noun - a contrapuntal piece of music in which a melody in one part is imitated exactly in other parts
- noun - a complete list of saints that have been recognized by the Roman Catholic Church
- noun - a collection of books accepted as holy scripture especially the books of the Bible recognized by any Christian church as genuine and inspired
- An ecclesiastical law or code of laws established by a church council.
- A secular law, rule, or code of law.
- An established principle: the canons of polite society.
- A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion.
- The books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture.
- The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Sherlock Holmes canon.
- The calendar of saints accepted by the Roman Catholic Church.
- A composition or passage in which the same melody is repeated by one or more voices, overlapping in time in the same or a related key.
- A member of a chapter of priests serving in a cathedral or collegiate church.
- A member of certain religious communities living under a common rule and bound by vows.
- adj - a law decreed by a church council [n -S] : CANONIC
There are 5 letters in CANON: A C N N O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CANON
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CANON plus a wildcard: CANON?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CANON
Images for CANON
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.