Scrabble word: CANON
In which Scrabble dictionary does CANON exist?
Definitions of CANON in dictionaries:
- noun - a rule or especially body of rules or principles generally established as valid and fundamental in a field or art or philosophy
- noun - a priest who is a member of a cathedral chapter
- noun - a ravine formed by a river in an area with little rainfall
- noun - a contrapuntal piece of music in which a melody in one part is imitated exactly in other parts
- noun - a complete list of saints that have been recognized by the Roman Catholic Church
- noun - a collection of books accepted as holy scripture especially the books of the Bible recognized by any Christian church as genuine and inspired
- An ecclesiastical law or code of laws established by a church council.
- A secular law, rule, or code of law.
- An established principle: the canons of polite society.
- A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion.
- The books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture.
- The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Sherlock Holmes canon.
- The calendar of saints accepted by the Roman Catholic Church.
- A composition or passage in which the same melody is repeated by one or more voices, overlapping in time in the same or a related key.
- A member of a chapter of priests serving in a cathedral or collegiate church.
- A member of certain religious communities living under a common rule and bound by vows.
- adj - a law decreed by a church council [n -S] : CANONIC